Aims and Scope
Edge Intelligent Computing (EIC) is an emerging technology paradigm appealing for extensive
Internet of Things (IoT) scenarios such as environment monitoring, disaster warning, meta
cyberspace. However, low power and constrained hardware resources impose critical design
challenges in the process of EIC systems’ real-world implementation. In this workshop,
we are not only interested in the advanced edge computing technologies, but also bring
a focus on how to implement the computation-/data-intensive machine learning algorithms
on IoT edge devices. The workshop will bring together both scientists and engineers from
academia and industry who are working on Edge Intelligent Computing architectures and systems.
The topics of the workshop will include but not limit to the following topics:
Topics of Interest
1) Edge computing architectures
2) Edge computing software co-design
3) State-of-the-art edge computing systems
4) Intermittent computing systems
5) Energy harvesting systems
6) Low power ML algorithm optimization
7) Low power Processing-In-Memory (PIM) accelerators
8) Nonvolatile processors
9) FPGA-based edge intelligent computing
10) Design-space exploration for edge intelligent computing systems
11) Cross-layer design methodologies for edge (intelligent) computing
12) Compiler and OS optimization for edge (intelligent) computing
13) Modeling, simulation and analysis for edge computing systems
14) Case study for edge intelligent computing systems.
Submission Deadline: Oct. 2, 2022 (AOE)
Acceptance Notification: Oct. 5, 2022
Presentation: 9:30 am - 12:00 am, Oct. 11, 2022 (GMT+8)
A one-page abstract related to a regular paper published in conferences or journals after 1 January 2021
is required for our presentation submission.
The authors need to explicitly state that their paper has been accepted or published in a conference or a journal in the cover page
The submission is a long abstract in a PDF format with double-column, US letter size, using the IEEE Conference format, available at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Each submission should include a cover page
in a separate PDF file including:
1) Name, affiliation and address of each author;
2) A designated presenter, should the entry be accepted;
3) A statement on the related publication before;
4) The following statement: "All appropriate organizational approvals for the publication of this paper have been obtained. If accepted, the author(s) will select a speaker to present the work at the EIC Workshop."
5) Correspondent author, including his/her telephone number, fax number, email address, and his/her signature
The abstract along with a cover page need to be sent to the workshop co-chairs: Keni Qiu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lei Yang (email@example.com) by the deadline listed above.
Best Presentation Award
Four submissions will be invited for the regular presentation section at the EIC workshop. Selected entries will not be published in the workshop proceedings.
The top winner will receive a Best Presentation Award
with a prize of 150USD or 1,000Yuan RMB